Comment on page
Keyword clustering is the process of gathering similar keywords into groups. In essence, a "keyword cluster" is a collection of keywords that share the same meaning and intent, and thus, can be effectively targeted on a single webpage.
Upload your keyword list into Keyword Insights and we’ll analyse the search engine result pages to group any keywords together where the ranking URLs are the same or similar.
- 1.Take the guesswork out of content production. When creating new content, it can be very difficult to know when a certain piece should be broken out into more specific sub-topics. For example, if we had the keywords "architect fees" and "how much do architects cost?" would you quickly know whether you need 2 different pages to target these, or if they could both be targeted on the same blog? Keyword Insights makes this quick and painless. We use live search results pages and group keywords based on what's ranking. So you’ll know, in seconds, when a page should be broken out into sub-topics to stand the best chance of ranking.
- 2.Find gaps in your content quickly. With the flick of a switch, we allow you to pull in your current rank and the ranking URL for each cluster. This will allow you to very quickly spot gaps in your content... It's just a case of looking for the clusters that don't rank (or rank poorly). View this guide for more information: https://www.keywordinsights.ai/blog/content-gap-analysis/.
1) Firstly, Keyword Insights uses live, country-specific SERP data for each query.
In the keyword clustering process, we examine each keyword in the top 10 search results. If a keyword shares 40% or more URLs in common with others (a percentage you can modify in the settings), we classify them as a cluster. This method proves to be more accurate than using Natural Language Processing, a technique that many other clustering tools rely on. View more on how our clustering works in the video below 👇
3) For each of the keywords uploaded into Keyword Insights, we pull through the intent so that you can easily work out what type of content (whether it be transactional or informational) for each cluster.
4) In our tool, you can select a target domain to monitor rankings for each keyword you upload. This means you can effortlessly upload thousands of keywords, have them grouped, and then quickly identify where your content might be lacking, all in just a few minutes. This process is outlined perfectly in this guide.
This video is 9.48 minutes long.
Step 1: Select your settings and project name. Step 2: Upload your keyword list(s), or select list(s) Step 3: Confirm and process your order.
Launch the app and select Keyword clustering from the sidebar.
Start by adding your project information.
Select presets: You can create presets for your clustering settings. So you can easily create or load previously saved settings. This saves you time in the future.
Project name: The name of your project. Use a good naming convention to keep track of your projects.
Location: Choosing the right location is crucial for accurate SERP clustering. Ensure the live search engine results pages (SERPs) align with your target location by making the appropriate selection. For instance, If you aim to rank in United Kingdom SERPs, simply choose 'United Kingdom' from the location dropdown, and we'll look up google.co.uk.
Language: Choosing the right location is crucial for accurate SERP clustering. Ensure the live search engine results pages (SERPs) align with your target location by making the appropriate selection. For instance, if you wish to analyze SERPs in a specific country but in a different language, adjust your location accordingly. For example, select "United States" as the location and "Spanish" as the language. Optimize your clustering insights by refining location and language settings.
Get Rankings: Input your target website domain. We will track rankings for all the keywords in your list to see where you're currently ranking and to quickly find gaps in your clusters. This is a great way to create a baseline for your existing content. You can even use a competitor's domain here to get an idea of how they're currently ranking.
As you can see having rank tracking can give you the following benefits.
- 1.See which page is ranking for each keyword in your cluster.
- 2.See the dominant or the top URL for a given cluster.
- 3.Get the average position for the cluster (if it's low or non-existent you'll quickly know where your content gaps are).
- 4.Opportunity volume calculation. The 'opportunity' is a unique metric where we examine the search volume of a group of keywords, consider your current ranking, and then estimate the remaining 'opportunity' if you decide to focus on improving your rank for that cluster of keywords.
Get search intent (Context): Enjoy the convenience of search intent classification, enabled by default for your clustering project. Our machine learning algorithms analyze each keyword in your list, swiftly identifying their intent. This feature enables you to isolate clusters that trigger informational content effectively. Elevate your clustering analysis with automatic search intent classification.
Note: It's important to note that there are no additional costs associated with this feature. However, as we employ live SERP data and machine learning, processing your projects may take slightly longer.
By leveraging intent data, you can identify clusters that trigger informational intent. Easily eliminate any clusters that do not generate informational content, as working on them would be futile since Google will not rank them. Streamline your clustering efforts and focus on content that aligns with user intent for optimal results.
Now the settings are done, we can move on to step 2 which is uploading the keywords. Click 'Next'
Click Upload file.
We allow multiple ways to upload your keywords.
- 1.Local file - You can use this feature if you have your own keyword and search volume data pulled from other tools.
- 2.From Keyword Discovery - If you use our Keyword Discovery module to generate keywords, you can select and bring the data here without needing to upload it.
Upload from a local file.
Simplify the process of importing your CSV or XLXS file! After uploading, you'll be prompted to map the keyword and search volume columns in the next step. This eliminates the need to spend time formatting the file, making it convenient for those who export keyword lists from various tools. Simply select the appropriate columns, and with a click on "Summary," you're all set!
The highlighted columns will turn green.
You can upload multiple files and combine keyword data from multiple sources. This feature is incredibly handy when dealing with keyword data from various sources. You can simplify your workflow by uploading all your files at once and creating a unified, organised document ready for clustering.
Upload from Keyword Discovery.
Click "Keyword discoveries" to show you a list of all your previous keyword searches. You can click the + icon to add all your keywords.
Once the file(s) are uploaded, click Summary.
The next and last stage will allow you to check your credit status and edit the project settings before you submit your order. Click "Generate report".
Please note that the project will not be processed until you click "Generate report."
The status will go from "Confirmed" to "Processing" and to "Completed."
You can go to Projects and find your processed file. You will also get an email with the link to your project.
Click the project when you see the status "Finished" to see the visualised results.
If you want to analyse the output in Google Sheets/Excel file, Click the three dots to download pre-pivoted Google Sheets.